Friday, June 19, 2009

Waving Lace Socks - Part #2


Happy Father's Day to any dads who may be reading this or to moms who have had to be both mom and dad to their child/children.

First sock waiting for Kitchener stitch.

I love the ocean. I have salt water in my veins. I have many touches in my living room to reflect what I enjoy. My apartment is not sterile and when you walk in you immediately know that I love knitting, the ocean, plants, books and music.


If you are trying to figure out what those slats are in the above picture, it is my lobster trap coffee table with a very thick glass on the top. A relative drove four hours (from Maine) to deliver it to me. She mentioned the person's first name that she got it from. "Chreatch" was the original owner. Unbeknownst to her, "Chreatch" and I graduated together and our pictures are side by side in the year book. Makes my table that more special!

Elsie was so kind to provide me with decorating links as a result of her post on her beautiful napkins.

Here's a couple of my favorite blogs. Be careful, they are addictive even if you are not much of an entertainer. The photography alone is gorgeous. Designs By Gollum and Between Naps On The Porch are must reads. I located the laser cut cupcake wrappers used in the "ocean theme", Cupcake Wrappers. Now really, how could I resist those. My blog name tells you as well as a few items around my apartment as seen in the first pic.

Debbie Bliss at Webs in Northampton, MA on Tuesday for only two hours for her book signing. I've registered to attend but I need to check the checkbook before making a firm commitment.

Clutch Bag - Check this little bag. This pattern has moved its way up the list on my knitting dream list. How about red with black beads to go with that "little black dress". I've never had a little black dress. When I was thin, I was too busy with babies to wear one.

I desperately want to learn how to tat and make this bracelet and this pendant (especially the pendant).

I often go to the lake to relax and knit. You can see the New York Adirondack Mountains in the distance. It's much more beautiful a scene than I could capture in this picture. You don't see the many pine trees in the foreground. The sun was playing "hide and seek" today.

The point of this picture is that I watched in anticipation to see if two people would try to get into this boat. The wife dutifully helped her husband shove off to fish by himself. Apparently, he needed the solitude on Father's Day. I was aghast that he did not put on his life jacket! Yikes!

Bone scan scheduled for tomorrow for a possible stress fracture to my toe/foot area. It's always something!

Gratitude for the day....not sure, but I think this is a lily as seen at the entrance of a local restaurant.



Happy Knitting!

7 comments:

  1. Great post. I love your coffee table ..the starfish in your candle.I have my bath room done in Ocean & sea stuff. I may live 7 hours from one but I love it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your home decorations, how beautiful!! Those cupcake wrapers are beautiful, but the price is an eye opener too :P. OOOHHH, tating, so pretty!! I have done that long ago, once in a while I think I'd like to pick it up again, maybe when I can semi retire and have more time for all the things I'd love to be doing. :) I'm sorry about your foot, I have been having pain on the outside of my left foot and have wondered if it was stress fracture myself. Alas, no insurance tho. Let me know how your x-rays turn out and if you have to have a cast ;P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely blog! I love all the decorations & the coffee table! Your knitting & your photography just fasinates me! Each time I read your blog, I feel like I get to know you a little more.

    I'll be praying for a good outcome about your foot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great table, and socks! They look warm and fuzzy!

    Do you have a full sized pic of the tiger lily (wall paper size)? I'd love to have one! I adore tiger lilies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I borrow that lake it looks like a lovely place to sit and knit :o)

    Lovely socks, and ooh so so pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes!, more things to learn and to make. The table is beautiful. I am so decorating challenged. In fact, I know no other woman who is as challenged in that area as I am. So, I like to drool over other folks talents.
    Loved your entry, loved the links. Renate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the table - extra special because of it's link to your past!

    Instead of the clutch I would think this more appropriate...

    http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer09/PATTcrab.php

    And those are lovely lilies(my favorite flowers!)

    Hope everything turns out ok with your foot.

    ReplyDelete