Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Teacher Quilt Gifts

Every year, on the last day of school for my grandsons, my daughter, Amy, presents that year's teachers with a wall quilt she created. My older grandson is entering high school in September so the wall quilts are a well-established tradition.

This wall quilt was presented to my younger grandson's social studies teacher. My grandson, Nick, was involved in a geography contest and honorably represented his class. I remember him studying intensely while I was visiting him. My daughter tells me that the teacher choked up when she received her gift.

Plans are to put together a photo album of these quilts. My grandchildren are holding their quilt gift so we'll be able to see how they have changed through the years.
You can walk up and down the halls at school and see the nameplate wall quilts my daughter has made.

I was showing a co-worker these pictures and she commented that my daughter is very talented when it comes to crafts. She smiled as she said, "I wonder where she gets that from!". I quilt also but haven't in several years.

10 comments:

  1. What an awesome gift for the teachers. I know they put in many hrs every week to teach the children, what a wonderful memory for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I know where she gets her talent. You guys must reek of it! I think the quilts were a very thoughtful gift to the teaches! I know where she gets her thoughtfullness too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful & thoughtful gift for teacher. What a tribute to someone that has dedicated themselves to the gift of teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice- you should take it up again.
    Take care of that foot- some gals from the guild are on their way north for the show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how wonderful! Give my congrats to Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful idea for such a nice long lasting memory. And I agree....where does she get that talent? lol

    Been doing lots of updates to the travel blog lately, so swing by and pick a destination or two to visit. Cheapest way to vacation. lol

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. How thoughtful of your daughter.. I wonder just who she gets them from !!! Hummm Bet I know her.
    You done a good job Joansie raising you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What awesome gifts, and putting together a photo album of them all is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome way to show your appreciation, to someone who plays such a vital part in a child's life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for contacting me on my blog. I love your picture of the Portland Headlight! I was there just 3 weeks ago. Your knitting is wonderful! I think you will enjoy tatting. I tat with a needle, so if that is how you are learning, if you have any questions, just ask me. I'm sure you won't though since you are such an awesome knitter. Thanks again, Linda

    ReplyDelete