Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pink Rosebud Baby Socks

Pattern: Combination of a couple
Yarn: Knitpicks Palette-Blush
Needles: Size 3 dp's


I certainly didn't need to start knitting another pair of socks! I have several single socks already waiting for mates. Actually, so many that I have stopped posting these projects on Ravelry as I have to own up to the fact that the project is not yet completed.

However.....my daughter started a pair of baby socks for a co-worker who is currently in Russia to adopt a baby. She ran into difficulties with the pattern and called the "Mom Knitting Help Line" (that's me!!) So being a mother who wants to keep her daughter interested in knitting and not get discouraged, I started the sock myself so I could help her.

There is a serious error in the pattern that I was not able to figure out so I frogged back to just before the heel flap and used one of my standard baby sock patterns. I will incorporate some of the features from the other pattern into this one before I am finished. It will have a ruffled edge on the cuff.

I've started the second sock so that I don't have one more lonely sock to look at.

I've started a new scarf and shawl that has really been "growing" on me. I'll blog about it tomorrow or on the weekend once I've had the opportunity to take pictures.

Update: I just received an e-mail from my daughter. Boy, (or girl) did she ever get her wires crossed (or is that knitting needles)!!! The opening line to her e-mail said, "No need to hurry on the baby booties". The child that is being adopted is not a baby but a teenager. Quite the transition that will be but fortunate to be able to be adopted later in life.

Happy Knitting!

9 comments:

  1. Baby socks. Oooh. Best of luck to them in their adoption.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, my emails keep bouncing back, so I thought I'd try here. There's some glitch in one program or the other that cuts off the last letter in your addy when it comes back. I have no idea why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re the update--wow. That's a bit of a change!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful baby bootie! I remember well, the many times that I called my own, Mother Help Me Knitting Hotline, and my mom was there to help w/my knitting over the phone. The tables have turned now & I'm the one doing the helping. :-)

    I had worked w/a nurse who was supposed to be adopting a "baby" from Russia. She came home w/a 4 YO. Maybe some bait & switch going on? I hope that all works well for everyone involved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well how cool that you can rewrite the pattern so it works even if your daughter didn't need to pattern anyway. :P When you get that 2nd sock done, you can give the pair to your grand daughter to match her sweater and hat :). If you want to share the finished pattern that would be great, tho if I make them I will have to make them blue and no flower or frilly edges :P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, I agree, one has to wonder whose wires got crossed on that adoption.

    They are very pretty socks and I agree, baby socks are too much fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fortunate for the child and so wonderful for them to add someone to their family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very funny on the adoption!
    All your knitting is great!
    Enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet sock! Strange story indeed on the adoption. I hope all will be well with the adoption situation.

    ReplyDelete