I posted the diagonal lace scarf a few weeks ago and here is the matching hat. I designed (made up is more like it!) the hat pattern as there was not one available. Both items are meant to be worn with the Flaming Fan Mittens blogged about a couple days ago. The hat was completed 2-3 weeks ago and I've been wearing it. However, I'm thinking of picking up stitches along the edge and adding a K1,P1 ribbing. The hat just feels like it will be blown off the way it is now.
As for the Flaming Fan Mittens, I used Colinette Jitterbug yarn. They have beautiful colorways, however, I am not happy with the yarn at all. There were knots in the yarn and today I noticed that the mittens are beginning to pill after wearing less than a week. Darn!!!!
I've been rotating four knitting projects this week and accomplished a respectable amount of knitting on each. A baby sweater is almost done as is another cowl. I've been working on Jakob's tractor sweater after frogging it back and the intarsia portion is done, thank goodness. Pictures to come later.