Monday, April 12, 2010

Emergency Knitting Bag-What's In It?


Yarn:  Online - Emotion III
Pattern:  Yankee Sock Pattern (just your generic pattern)

This is what is in my "Emergency Knitting Bag". (<--click)   I love the colorway and the socks, when completed, will look great with jeans.  This bag is to remain in my car at all times so that I have something to knit when going to the doctor's or stuck in traffic.

My knitting classes will resume soon.  I do look forward to their commencement as I already know that some of my previous students have signed up for one or both classes.  One class will be the "Quincy Hat" and the other class will be "Delicato Mitts".  Both projects were in some of my previous posts.

It will be interesting to see what happens as I am being very definite about the purchase of the patterns before the start of the first class.  Some are hesitant to order through the web so we'll see what happens.  Usually I use free patterns and "moi" will not violate copyright laws. 

I am in the process of designing a cowl to submit to knitpicks.com for their "designer group".  Patterns can be purchased for $1.99 and they already have a nice selection.  I'll let you know when mine is accepted.  I still have to test knit the project.

Happy Knitting!

6 comments:

  1. I carry a knitting project bag with me all the time, too. Never know when a few stitches can be done! Or when it'll expand into tons of stitches!

    Good luck on the designing! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. オッス!

    Nice to meet you! :D Just stopping by from the party to say howdy. Love your blog.

    Have a great weekend and happy UBP! :D And hope to see you stop by sometime!!

    さようなら!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by with the Blog Party! Love your knitting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of an emergency knitting kit! Love the socks, too. I'll be waiting to purchase that cowl pattern and knit it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. I love this pattern! If you can do something complicated like this, you certainly can do tatting. II can't knit like you do--not even close. :) If you have Hobby Lobby, they carry a kit with a DVD to learn to tat. My friend bought the kit and learned to tat in about 2 days. I'll have to look at that magazine you mentioned. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friend the designer! How exciting! I take my knitting with me everywhere, too. It's funny when people have that "Ah huh" moment when they figure out my e-mail address. LOL! The yarn looks great & will go so well with jeans.

    ReplyDelete