Sunday, March 15, 2009

Beautiful Vermont!!!

Renna, from "Finding my Knitch", has been asking me about photos from the view I described in a previous post. At the time, I did not have my camera with me. I returned this morning and captured the following views:

Vermont is exceptionally beautiful. Burlington, it's largest city, is a wonderful place to live and raise a family. It is relatively crime free in comparison to the rest of the country. We have quite a few colleges and a university along with a lot of cultural opportunities.

Lake Champlain, which is about 250 miles long, separates Vermont from New York State. The Burlington waterfront, with all its beauty, attracts both locals and tourists with a variety of events. I was not able to get a good picture today of the Burlington Boat House (<---click). It is beautiful.

Pictured is one of a couple of lighthouses down by the breakwater. There is a bike and jogging path for miles. Till my leg injury, I used to bike 10 miles a day, three times a week along this path.

Come June there will be many festivals along the waterfront. The "Green Mountain Chew Chew Festival" is my favorite. A variety of local restaurants serve bite size food from their menu for a few purchased tokens. Another favorite will be the "Jazz Festival".
This is the "Spirit of Ethan Allen", a cruise boat that is charted for company parties and wedding receptions. There are other smaller boats that offer a very affordable brunch and two-hour cruise along the lake for about $20.
One of two lighthouses along the breakwater with the Adirondack Mountains of New York as a backdrop. There are picnic areas along the path where you can enjoy a nice sandwich and the stunning sunsets.
The above picture was taken from this spot below.
The ice is beginning the breakup with the several days of above freezing weather that we have experienced in the last few days. I thought it was an interesting pattern.

I'm headed back to my knitting (and some housework..sigh) after sharing a little piece of my world with you!!!

8 comments:

  1. OMG they bring back some good memories. I always have a great time when I visit. Looks like the ice is breaking up nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the photos are just so beautiful! I could feel all that Sunshine! I can't wait for Spring. After dinner & after all the dishes are done, I like to sit out on my front porch and....knit! and....get caught up w/all of my neighbors.

    Vermont is a beautiful place with beautiful people! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos of the lake and light houses. The lake makes me feel cold ;P. We had 50's today and are suppose to get into the 60's tomorrow and Tuesday, I can hardly wait, even if it's just a day or two!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little piece of the world looks like a little piece of Heaven!

    Thank you for sharing the pictures, and braving the cold to get them! ;-)

    Vermont really is beautiful, and I hope to some day visit there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Can you believe we didn't see even a speck of the lake when we were in Burlington?! Obviously it would have been a MUCH better idea to come to Vermont *after* I met you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! The lighthouse looks as though it's standing in the water - I had to do a double-take on that one. I am hoping someday to take a trip to the NE and see the lighthouses. Well and the leaves changing, and the boats, and.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree - Vermont is beautiful! We visited southern Vermont just the other day to go skiing at Mt. Snow. Spent the whole day enjoying the scenery. We had a great time but I wish we could have stayed longer...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! And can you believe--while we were in Burlington we never got to the lake. The only good view was from the plane, overhead. We're just going to have to go back. (Easier to do with a kid of ours living there.)

    ReplyDelete