Sunday, December 28, 2008

Thermis Cowl

Pattern: Thermis (<--click) Yarn: Knitpicks Wool of the Andes/Blue Bonnet
Needles: Size 7 I love this pattern. It was difficult to put it down. It only took about 3 evenings or less to complete.

The little boy in the picture is my grandchild, Nick, taken many years ago. It's one of my favorite pics as he has his jean pockets laden down with rocks. He was about 3 or 4 years old at the time.
Here's a close-up of the neck warmer. I knitted a large, however, next one will be smaller with the bottom ribbing the same circumference. I couldn't get a good picture of the buttons but they are "snowflake" buttons.

Click on the pattern above to see pictures from the designer on how it is worn. The photography is really great!

I paid $2.49 for the pattern download. It is rare that I will do that. However, this one was well worth it. It is one of the "favorites" with many on Ravelry.

One of my young co-workers asked if I would knit her one so that will happen in the near future. That one will be an "oatmeal" color with wooden buttons.

I've completed quite a few projects in the last couple of weeks. More to come on posts this coming week.

Happy Knitting!

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful neckwarmer. And thanks for the link to the pattern site. Now I know how one of these is worn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these neck warmers! I don't think I'd ever seen one before I saw yours. I'm thinking I need to make some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought that pattern too and just CO -- Love your pretty blue one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I love the color! Your co-workers are lucky...they get so many nice gifts from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every little boy needs oodles of pockets. Love the neck warmer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the second FO I've seen of this today. It really is a great pattern. Yours came out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful color; you are really on a roll and with the cold weather back east the gifts must be doubly appreciated. Great Work, Joansie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful neck warmer! I've thought about purchasing this pattern, too. I think that you've convinced me. Isn't it neat how the right buttons can personalize a knitted item? That's so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How funny that I came here and saw your Thermis. I just saw one on another blog (Chronic Ennui), and liked it so much that I immediately went to Ravelry and purchased the download, something I've never done before.

    I've been scouring the net for weeks looking for the perfect neckwarmer. When I saw that one, I knew that was it. Your's looks great!

    Do you mind clarifying what you meant when you said you'd knit the next one in a smaller size, but the ribbing in the same circumference?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a very pretty pattern and your knitting did it justice! :) It looks like it would go nicely over the mouth and perhaps the nose to ward off the cold winds. Hmmmmm. :) That may be a project I will have to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've not gotten into neck warmers yet, but am beginning to see quite a few of them. Are people wearing them inside or outside?

    I love the bright blue, very pretty and as always your stitches are awesome.

    Happy New Years
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE the neck warmer!

    ReplyDelete