Sunday, November 12, 2017

Susie's Reading Mitts and Half Granny Square Shawl


Susie's Reading Mitts is a free pattern on Ravelry.  It's a very easy and well-written pattern. 

The yarn is wonderful, absolutely wonderful.  I wish there was more of a selection in color ways.


I love, love, love this yarn. 



This shawl is a half-granny square.  I'm a beginner crocheter and am please at how it came out.  It's addictive and I've now completed four of them. 


My daughter, Emily showing her birthday hand-knit gifts.  Her sister also knitted a matching cowl with the same yarn as the fingerless mitts. 

Happy Knitting!

4 comments:

  1. I love those reading mitts. You always find the neatest patterns, free or otherwise. You also find the neatest yarns to play with. I like that crochet shawl, too. I'd like to try that pattern, but I get lost in all the abbreviations, it's like a foreign language to me. I guess knitting for foreign to others as well. Very nice, your daughter looks so pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping back around to say hi, and Happy New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just testing to see if I can leave a comment on your page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those reading mitts! I think I probably made a pair a while back. Isn’t it awful that I can’t remember? Lol

    ReplyDelete