Sunday, July 23, 2017

Welcome Blanket

 My LYS (local yarn shop) is sponsoring this project for the refugee program.  Somewhat political, I was criticized on Facebook for knitting these squares.  I thought my privacy settings were for "friends only" but somehow that was not the case.  I was told by an unknown individual that I should be knitting for vets and the homeless instead.  I informed this gentleman that if they were sponsored I would knit for them as well.  I didn't like the word "instead" and wished he had said "also".

I felt challenged so I "turnaround play" was appropriate.  I asked what he was doing to make this a "better world".  He did not respond.  I'm not surprised. 
 I've knitted for other charities in the past.  It's always very satisfying.  In this case, we were asked to purchase two skeins of Ella Rae Chunky Superwash.  It is fantastic to knit with and two skeins completes three 10" squares.  Sixteen squares (40"x40") are needed for the blanket.  It will be interesting as to how they will be assembled as there are many "different looks" that can be achieved.


Happy Knitting!

4 comments:

  1. You have such a good heart. Those squares would be a quick & fun knit on size 11 needles. I would just hate seaming all those squares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I've never heard of that yarn before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a Great cause and kudos to you and your LYS ! I'm terms of the gentleman criticising you...Ugh ! That's Facebook though. Drama around any corner. He probably was a friend of a friend. Ella Rae Chunky is great yarn. Looking forward to seeing the completed project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a Great cause and kudos to you and your LYS ! I'm terms of the gentleman criticising you...Ugh ! That's Facebook though. Drama around any corner. He probably was a friend of a friend. Ella Rae Chunky is great yarn. Looking forward to seeing the completed project.

    ReplyDelete