Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Protest Is Patriotic Shawl




The pattern, "Protest is Patriotic Shawl", is free at Ravelry.com.  I'm invited to a party for the 4th, and wanting to show my patriotism,  I may have had a delusional moment in thinking that I can wear this shawlette to the event.  Ha!   It may be for 2018 but I will give it a shot.  I'm going to a party and would love to wear it.  No stress but then I thrive on deadlines.  

I looked everywhere, including the web, for the yarn.  I was on a quest for summer weight yarn and had difficulty finding the right shade of red or blue with the same fiber content at various shops or on the web.

I went to my "not so local yarn shop" in Montpelier, Vermont called "Yarn".  I always find what I am looking for and the friendliness and customer service is superb.  

I love the fiber combination.


Wish me luck!

Happy Knitting!

4 comments:

  1. That yarn looks wonderful! Cotton, Bamboo & Silk, I bet that feels amazing, too. Good luck with your deadline & getting it done it time. I can't wait to see it. Have fun winding all that yarn, so that you can CO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All wound up! I hate winding yarn.

      Delete
  2. Oh that yarn is pretty. So cute how they've labeled the fiber contents as elements. I may fit in a very simple shawlette this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knitting shawlettes are some of my favorite knitting.

      Delete