Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Protest Is Patriotic Shawl




The pattern, "Protest is Patriotic Shawl", is free at Ravelry.com.  I'm invited to a party for the 4th, and wanting to show my patriotism,  I may have had a delusional moment in thinking that I can wear this shawlette to the event.  Ha!   It may be for 2018 but I will give it a shot.  I'm going to a party and would love to wear it.  No stress but then I thrive on deadlines.  

I looked everywhere, including the web, for the yarn.  I was on a quest for summer weight yarn and had difficulty finding the right shade of red or blue with the same fiber content at various shops or on the web.

I went to my "not so local yarn shop" in Montpelier, Vermont called "Yarn".  I always find what I am looking for and the friendliness and customer service is superb.  

I love the fiber combination.


Wish me luck!

Happy Knitting!

4 comments:

  1. That yarn looks wonderful! Cotton, Bamboo & Silk, I bet that feels amazing, too. Good luck with your deadline & getting it done it time. I can't wait to see it. Have fun winding all that yarn, so that you can CO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that yarn is pretty. So cute how they've labeled the fiber contents as elements. I may fit in a very simple shawlette this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knitting shawlettes are some of my favorite knitting.

      Delete