Sunday, May 22, 2011

Guilty Pleasures

In my last post I mentioned that the money I earn from teaching knitting classes is being spent on some fun things (and sometimes practical things as well). I felt guilty about my latest purchases.

It started with this.

It's been extremely frustrating trying to get the screen on my laptop to stop dancing with one hand while I type with the other.  Never mind that the letter "e" sometimes doesn't work.

Some days, it behaves and the screen looks lik this.

So for Mother's Day I purchased myself this little Vera Bradley tote.  I'm always good to myself on special occasions.  I've always envied women who have one of Vera's bags, and though I think that they are overpriced, I now feel that the quality warrants the cost.

Check out the swivel buckles.    A couple of pockets comes in handy as well.

Can you guess what is inside?  C'mon......guess!!!!

The orange cover puts "it" to sleep.


It's an IPad 2.  You'll have to break my arm to take it away from me.  I must say that it has been an adjustment in my way of thinking when it comes to computers.  I had never heard of a "cloud" before, or "air printing".  The apps for it are absolutely, absolutely wonderful.

One of my hobbies is photography.  I have an app that once I enter an address and a date, it will tell me when is the best time to take a picture showing the location as an aerial view, the angle of the sun, etc. using the GPS system.

If someone were to steal my IPad, I can go on any computer and locate my IPad. 

Just one little problem..........Blogger needs to upgrade their technology so I can continue blogging on my IPad itself.  WordPress, I'm told, is the blog site to go with.  I don't want to transfer just yet.

Any of you readers have an IPad?  Any tips, comments, suggestions?

Happy Knitting!

7 comments:

  1. Joansie, I had the same problem with my old lap top. But my cover/screen was also loose. I did a dumb thing and cut the cable that was peeking out. After I severed the lid from the keyboard, I realized that the only thing that was the matter with it was that the video cable had come loose after dropping it once too often. If I had not cut the cable, someone who knew about computers could easily have plugged it back in. So have it checked; it could be the same problem. Good for you, however, for treating yourself. Renate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Very cool Someday I'll get one. At the moment I'm just making it so my mechanic can afford one, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take 2: Nice bag & real nice iPad! My mom used to say, If you don't take care of yourself, no one else will."

    How's the power cord on the iPad?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Joansie, on your new purchases. I saw the I-Pad in action and it looks great. The I-Pad 2 is supposed to be even better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, you make me want one so bad! I need to start saving up, too. My husband and I recently got 4G phones, and while they are great, they are not I-Pads. Tell us more of what it can do. I feel I will like the apps that you use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No ipad here yet. I vascilate between never wanting to learn any more techo info and then wanting the latest techno device. Right now, I'm in a never learn again stage. It'll pass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deeply envious, the mobility tablets provide is amazing. and such a fab case to carry it in.

    ReplyDelete